Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Here Comes Hannibal!


The Mighty Hannibal - All Nite Long

James Shaw, aka The Mighty Hannibal, has graced this blog and several "Get on Down ..." podcasts, so I'll refer you to an earlier post and jump right into today's selection. "All Nite Long" was the flip of Hannibal's 1964 Sharob single "Not a Friend," but the tune certainly does not have a 1964 sound. The bass drum and clapping intro is slightly reminiscent of Fats Domino's "I'm Walking" and the call-and-response between Hannibal and his backup singers has a "What'd I Say" kind of feel. This is not merely a pastiche, however, as it's a fun dancer featuring fine vocals by Hannibal. Get on down!


(EDITOR'S NOTE: For my Vinyl Record Day post I provided a set of audio files, both in the post itself and in prior posts included within it. I will keep these files available for one further week, so enjoy!)

No comments: